Friday, February 8, 2008

I'll be a Sunbeam [Leader] for Him

That's right.  After three months of being a cub scout den mother, I am now a Sunbeam teacher.  I have six little three-year-olds to teach.  It should be fun.  I went into the class this past Sunday to observe.  Most of them are very active.  I think I'm going to spend my whole time telling them to sit down..."on their seaters, not their knees."  But they are so cute.  And I love that I get to sing primary songs again!

The funniest part about this is, when I was called the counselor said that several people in the ward kept talking about how good I am with kids.  That's kind of them...but nobody in this ward has seen me work with kids.  I wonder how come they thought I would be good at this?  Oh well, again, it's kind of them to say so.

2 comments:

The Peterson's said...

I am a den mother now and just got out of primary. It sound like we switched jobs! That's fun! Good Luck with the little ones!

bryony said...

How fun for you -- I hope! I love that age. Course, I'm a little biased right now, but they are so cute. Have fun! And I've seen you with little kids -- and you are great with them! :)