Saturday, February 9, 2008

Finished Reading: The Divine Center

I started reading The Divine Center back in England.  I borrowed a copy from a member there.  I think I got about 8 chapters into it.  Then I borrowed my dad's copy and got another chapter or two into it.  Last summer, I found where someone was selling a hardback copy on Amazon for $5, so I snatched it up, and was able to finish reading it in my very own personal copy.  It's a good book, and I'd recommend it to anyone who's interested.  I did think the first half was a bit dry; all I remember is paragraphs and paragraphs that could be summed up neatly by the provided figures. The second half is excellent, though, and perhaps the first half lays the foundation for that.


So what book will I start next?  Hopefully nothing.  Hopefully I'll finish another book or two before adding a new one to the list.  At a glance around the house, I'm currently reading:


  1. Papa Married a Mormon by John D. Fitzgerald.  (I'm reading this with Nicole.)
    Page 177 of 298
  2. What Matters Most by Hyrum W. Smith.
    Page 216 of 238
  3. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Families by Stephen R. Covey. (I've read this before, and I'm going through it now again with Nicole.)
    Page 58 of 364

  4. Thomas S. Monson once said that if performance is measured, performance improves, and if performance is measured and reported, the rate of improvement increases.  Now to see if there's an easy way I can update this list, and have it appear in the side bar…

    No comments: