Friday, February 1, 2008

Thankful Friday

After reading Bryony's Thankful Thursday posts, I've been thinking about all the things I'm thankful for.  So although it's not Thursday, here are a few examples:

Colter: I too am married to my favorite person in the whole world.  I am so grateful for Colter's constant love and support and example, especially at this time as I prepare for the dance show.  I love how he makes me laugh and smile and that he knows when to be serious too.

Dance: When I graduated from high school, I had printed under my photo in the yearbook "To swim is to live, to live is to dance."  The swimming has had to be set aside a little.  But I am so glad that I can still dance.  It renews me physically and emotionally.  And I am especially grateful to still be at Marie Stinnett's studio.  It's truly my second home, and the staff there is part of my extended family.

Work:  work is a blessing--whether it's office work or work around the house.  Sometimes I have a hard time remembering that when things blow up in my face or one email sends my whole day upside-down.  But I am grateful for a job and for a home to take care of.

My family:  Not much explanation needed here.  And we all get to stay together for eternity!

Food, clothes, a bed and an apartment, a car... the necessities of life.  

Education:  Aside from the fact that I have a good job because of my education, I thoroughly enjoyed being a student.  I know that it is a privilege to be able to go to school and I'm grateful for wonderful teachers and professors who instructed me.

The United States of America:  The two blessings I just mentioned are in large part a result of living here.  This truly is the land of promise and opportunity.  I enjoy traveling to some other countries.  But there is only one place I want to live and I'm so glad I was born here.

The California Bay Area:  I've been to some beautiful places in other parts of the country and world.  But I've never seen any place more beautiful than Carmel beach and Monterey Bay.  Also, there are the dear hills by my parents' home.  They look so beautiful when the clouds come rolling over--and the smell of the breeze coming off those hills in the evenings is intoxicating.

Music:  Good music speaks to my soul.  It would be an empty life without it.

No comments: