Saturday, July 12, 2008

Random Odds and Ends

I gave blood this morning. Only complication this time was that the vein rolled on the first attempt. Apparently, blood donations are regulated by the FDA; I realize that it's probably under purview of the ‘D’, but the ‘F’ makes it funny.

We watched The Great Escape last night. It was the 99¢ movie of the week on the iTunes Store this week. I hadn't seen it before, Nicole had. It's very good. 5 stars. Steve McQueen bouncing the ball off the wall, a memorable theme song, and Charles Bronson. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

The app store has launched for the new iPhone software. There's some good stuff, and a lot of it free. I got a 99¢ app that tracks your fuel economy (I used to track it with Excel on the Palm). I've switched from webapps to native apps for Twitter, Flickr, and Facebook. The Remote app is awesome! Full, fluid control of your iTunes library or Apple TV. :)

I broke down and finally bought a fan this week. An Ultra Slimline Tower Fan by Seville Classics. It's super-quiet, and super-stylish.

We saw Hancock last week. It's good, but the language was stronger in the first half than we would have liked. It's a good premise, though, and a very good ending.

No comments: